There are many different pet care products, making it hard to determine what to buy for your cat. Learn more about the types of products you really need.
With so many cat care products on the market, how do you know what to buy for your cat? Although not exhaustive, this article will get you started on choosing the right supplies for your kitty.
Choosing The Best Food
Your cat’s health will be affected by the food you choose, which is why you shouldn’t settle for the product with the cheapest price tag. It’s vitally important to select a high-quality food that enables your cat to obtain optimal health.
When comparing cat food brands, look for a product that:
- Doesn’t contain any by-products, chemical preservatives, fillers, or other harmful ingredients.
- Specifies the type of meat it contains. Avoid any brands that just say “meat.”
- Doesn’t contain any grains.
- Is mostly protein.
Selecting Your Cat’s Grooming Supplies
The right grooming supplies for your particular cat depends on the type of coat your kitty has.
Some examples of the grooming supplies you might need include:
- Slicker Brush – This tool is used to eliminate tangles and eradicate dirt. It’s great for long-haired cats, but it can also be used on short haired cats.
- Comb – Combs are beneficial for all coat types. If your cat’s coat tends to get matted, a wide-tooth comb will help prevent that.
- Wide-Tooth Brush – This brush is good for long-haired cats.
- Soft-Bristle Brush – This brush is better for short-haired cats.
- Flea Comb – This special comb is helpful for removing fleas and dead hair.
Picking Out The Right Litter And Litterbox
Choosing a litterbox isn’t as straightforward as you might expect. There are several different kinds to choose from, such as:
- Open Litterbox Pans – Great for small spaces and/or multiple cats.
- Covered Litterboxes – Controls odor and provides privacy.
- Self-Cleaning Litterbox – Sounds like a luxury, but might be a necessity if you are too busy to clean out the box.
After you’ve chosen the right box, it’s time to pick the perfect litter. Some of your choices include:
- Clay-Based Litter – Easy to find because it’s the most common litter available.
- Plant-Based Litter – This is the ideal choice if you are concerned about the environment.
- Lightweight Litter – This type of litter isn’t as dusty as other options are.
- Clumping Litter – This type of litter makes it easy to clean out the box, but some cats don’t like it.
- Scented Litter – Avoid these! They might irritate your cat
Buying The Best Cat Tree For Your Feline
When determining how tall your cat’s tree should be, consider the following:
- How big is your cat?
- How old is your cat?
- Does your cat have any health problems that decrease mobility?
Choose a height that your four-legged friend can handle. And realize that height will probably change as your cat progresses through each phase of life.
With that in mind, you need a customizable cat tree that’s made of rearrangeable blocks. This will allow you to alter the shape and height of the tree as your kitty’s needs evolve.
Shopping for your puss can be overwhelming. But there’s no need to stress when trying to determine what to buy for your cat. The guidance we’ve shared should help you find the perfect products for your beloved fur baby.